Our Team, Our Practice and Our Philosophy.
Our philosophy at Richard Petrie is about care.
Care for our community, who receive a fantastic service and have access to a wonderful array of products to suit their style.
Care for our team, who work tirelessly to make the practice run smoothly, and who benefit from an array of benefits including mindfulness training, team days out and pension contribution scheme.
Care for the planet through ethical and sustainable operations that we have chosen to employ. From our contact lens recycling programme and eco-certified frame options to recycling and reusing where we possibly can in our business practices.
The practice wouldn’t be successful without the team of 6 wonderful staff, all of whom are integral to the smooth running of the business. The practice is now run by Davina, who joined as a ‘Saturday Girl’ 20 years ago! Fast forward a few decades and Davina is now at the forefront of Richard Petrie Optometrists and is proudly able to continue evolving the practice as new technologies and consumer demands appear.
What We Do
For over 40 years Richard Petrie Optometrists has served the community as an independent opticians and contact lens practitioner. What we offer:
- Eye Examinations (Private and NHS patients)
- Retinal imaging through OCT examinations and Optomat imaging
- Contact lens trials and subscriptions
- BlephEx dry eye and blepharitis treatment
- Premium selection of frames for adults and children. Brands include Lacoste, Nike and Longchamp along with many more independent and unique ranges. Watch this space for our soon to be launched new eyewear styling service by the end of 2021.
- Prescription and non-prescription sunglasses for adults and children. We are a stockist of Maui Jim sunglasses
- Repairs and adjustments
- Contact Lens Recycling
How to find us
Richard Petrie Optometrists is nestled in Littleover Village at 564 Burton Rd. You can’t miss us – we’re in front of the traffic lights with the lovely blue shopfront! Inside you’ll find our wonderful team as well as a shopfront, showcasing up-to-date designer frames, consulting rooms – equipped with the latest equipment and a childrens play area at the back.
We are pleased to be a part of the community, so please come and visit us to take about eye care or even perhaps on one of our regular drop-in events where we welcome all members of the community. Get in touch to find out more.